Sjekk @IPDlamp’s tweet: https://twitter.com/IPDlamp/status/596231525655543808
The Department of Computer and Information Science Tuesday will spend two days in Åre (5 and 6 of May). Siv Gøril Brantdzæg will give a mini keynote speech for us and will help to organize our IDI Research Grand Prix.
The purpose of IDI Research Grand Prix is to have fun together, give positive attention and feedback to our PhD students, motivate everybody about the importance of Research Dissemination.
framework of IDI Research Grand Prix
- PhD students who want to participate should notify Alf Inge Wang by email by 5/5 before 15.00
- everybody has to be in the big auditorium of the hotel at 19.25, students ready to present
- each student will give a 1 minute (yes 1 minute!) speech about her research project
- kahoot will be used for voting
- the winner will get a 2000 Kr. prepaid card for shopping in Trondheim
- Siv Gøril will announce the winner
- Letizia and Eric Monteiro assist in case of questions and alike
These instructions may change until 4/5.
Geir Øien’s IME’s party slides
Before the deadline we have 68 submissions. We are considering of giving an extension. Follow up at www.icec2015.info
principessa (al tartufo)
salame e cipolla
What I learn:
1. you need several exellent cv’s to be able to win an SFF (it is not enough with “I love you, you love me, you need a cooperation record documented by common publications”)
2. the loney professor does not go anywhere
3. 700 MNOK 92 PhD
4. start with global challenges (related to environmental and climate, safe …, renewable energy …)
5. a lot of focus on software and AI
6. challenges – legal, social acceptance, employment issues, safety and risks management, big data! what do we mean by big data? who owns the data? the digital big bang – “vi er bare på starten av start”
7. “we should be inspired by nature and take the characteristics into technology”
8. SFF has freedom to foster innovation activities without being bound to specific companies – AMOS school of innovation
all in all very impressive and inspiring.