When the best men care about gender equality … the problem becomes a possibility
- In 2016 NTNU has 24% female prNTNU has 24% female professors; 41% female associate professors; 38% post; doc 42% PhD students.
- In 2016 IME has 12% female professors; 15% female associate professors; 21% post; doc 23% PhD students.
- why is gender balance a problem and for whom? (Cite Gunilla Rosenqvist)
- Here we should be able to charatecterize the relation between gender balance (X) and quality and education (Y) and/or research (Z). Are we able to say that a positive increase in X gives a positive increase in Y and/or Z? (cite me)
- shift from problem to possibility – instead of focusing on the low numbers and the problems with unbalance, lift up positive stories about advantanges of gender balance in academia
- not only gender balance but also general balance (mangfold) for nationality, culture, gender